Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Winner!

Firstly, I apologise for the little break in updates here, but I'm afraid after a hectic few weeks it's just what I needed! I thought it was about time I shared with you the winners from the poster design competition from the do. There were three age categories so we have three ace logos for any Makey 'do' events next summer. I really think these reflect the join in and have a go vibe of the Makey 'do' ethos!
The reception of the first event was very positive and I looked into the possibility of a Christmas fair. There is loads going on in the town for the festive season and unfortunately the hall is pretty much fully booked. I will be planning a 'do' for next summer and have some thoughts about setting up a little differently. It is all a learning process for me.
There is one Christmas event that happens in Sandwich which I am hoping to get involved in. For the last few years there has been a festival of trees in a local now-unused-as-a-church-church. (if that makes sense!) The effect is magical and local businesses and schools etc all take part. What I have in mind is a Makey 'do' tree. I think t would work with a workshop for people to pay a small fee (£3 ish) to come and make a decoration which we would encourage them to allow us to use to decorate the tree and then collect of have posted on to them. I would be interested to hear if anyone would be interested in running such a workshop ad would be looking for as many different craft disciplines as possible- knitting, beading, baking, sewing, paper craft........whatever you think really. I will need to look at venues, and maybe even try for a little funding.......what do you think? I would also look at the possibility of selling refreshments so again let me know if you'd be interested!





3 comments:

  1. they are all really sweet, i especially like the middle picx

    ReplyDelete
  2. knitting? what's that? loving the posters, can't wait till next makeydo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are lovely!
    Finally got around to blogging this too - http://fabricnationadventures.blogspot.com/2009/08/makey-do.html
    And the christmas tree decoration makey do sounds wonderful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in with a Makey 'do'

Analytics