Sunday, February 8, 2009

The venue












This is the Sandwich Guildhall which has been booked, and a deposit paid as the venue for the 'Makey do'. Part of the building is very old and is used for wedding and other ceremonies. We will be using the modern extension which has a lift and floor to ceiling windows for excellent natural light. In the summer the forecourt is bustling with people. The bus stop for the town is here and there is a chip shop so plenty of people enjoying an al fresco lunch. There is a very large pay and display car park at the rear of the building and from here to the town people pass through the alley in the building and therefore past the main entrance to the event. Sandwich is so picturesque, and I'm getting more takers for tables every week. I am looking for a volunteer stall holder to be my first 'interview-ee', I would like to have a picture of you, but a least some nice images of the sort of thing you'll be bringing with you. Fancy it?

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to be a Makey 'do' interviewee...would you like me to wear my Star Trek uniform? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    The Guildhall looks lovely - and I think I sort of remember it from our trip to Sandwich last Auguest Bank Holiday. We tried to park in the car park behind the Guildhall but its was well packed and we ended up parking at the station instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, This looks like good fun and I'd love to join in. I'm based in London, but I've checked the trains and it would make a nice day trip. I work mainly in vintage fabric (http://www.folksy.com/shops/FabricNation) but also run informal workshops including brooch making (like the ones listed) and bunting making parties (designed so no need for sewing machines). Let me know what you think xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in with a Makey 'do'

Analytics