Monday, May 18, 2009

Turner Rowe Designs, pleased to meet you!

Lets meet Jo, another very talented jeweller, and all round lovely person;



1) If you were a cake, what kind of cake would you be?
Lots of fairy cakes, decorated with different coloured fondant icing and sparkly dust!

2) What will you be doing at “A Makey ‘do’”?
I will be selling my hand made jewellery and demonstrating how to make simple earrings.

3) Fish and Chips or Curry?
Mmmm…depends on my mood, but right here, right now, I think curry – with naan bread!

4) Where else can your wares usually be found?
On my website http://www.turnerrowedesigns.com/ , I also do jewellery parties for a fun girlie night, where everyone gets to make a pair of earrings and the hostess receives a discount based on sales, oh, and don’t forget the silver clay workshops, wedding and craft fairs!

5) Do you usually hang out in Sandwich, or are you a visitor?

Well, I used to live in Worth and work at Pfizer, so hung around in Sandwich a fair bit but am now a visitor, as I have lots of friends locally.

6) Who is your all-time hero?
Charles Darwin – such a brilliant thinker!

7) Who got you started on your crafty journey?
I have always been interested in arts and crafts and have tried my hand at all sorts of things but the jewellery making has really overtaken me in the last couple of years and of course, as I am getting married soon, I wanted to make my own wedding jewellery and things have snowballed since then!

8) What colour draws you most?
Blues…..aqua and turquoise and of course, silver!

9) Where do you go for inspiration?
Inspiration tends to jump out at me at anytime – I just find myself making things and wondering how I got there!

10) Do you dunk?
Of course!


Whoop! Another dunker! I have Famous Shamus now confirmed as attending, a local character who makes 'dunkable cookies'- yummmm. I do love reading these interviews and do hope you find them interesting too, I am looking for my next willing stall holder to be profiled, otherwise it might be me!!! I have had three more gorgeous parcels containing goodie bag items and I have some photos to share later in the week.
I have a big decision to make regarding the budget for the 'do'- I have a quote from the East Kent Mercury for an Ad in the 'What's on' section which has a very good spread and readership. The cost is high and placing the ad would mean little left over for the free activities I was planning for local school children. I will put up a voting box on the blog, please do let me know our thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for joining in with a Makey 'do'

Analytics