Monday, May 4, 2009

Beardy lathe-ers


As I mentioned in the last post the next person to be officially signed up for the 'do' is........my Dad. Meet Larry, my own beardy lathe-er. Let's find out more;
1) If you were a cake, what kind of cake would you be?
A dough cake

2) What will you be doing at “A Makey ‘do’”?
Probably looking after the grandchildren!
(well if you're offering!)

3) Fish and Chips or Curry?
Fish and chips.

4) Where else can your wares usually be found?
Cluttering up the living room.

5) Do you usually hang out in Sandwich, or are you a visitor?
Frequent visitor.

6) Who is your all-time hero?
Eric Clapton

7) Who got you started on your crafty journey?
My brothers-in-law

8) What colour draws you most?
Anything that doesn't show the dirt.

9) Where do you go for inspiration?
Museums, magazines and china shops.

Do you dunk
All the time!
Thanks Dad. I think that sums you up, traditional, practical and a bit cheeky around the edges! Larry will be selling his dear little ring pots and dishes. The perfect packaging for all the lovely jewelery that will be available. He will also be bringing along some doorstops made by my brilliant Uncle Ben, (the dude in the hat)- I swear to you for Dorset these guys are fairly hair-free. And anyone who makes any jokes about the beardy family resemblance is off the guest list!



In other business I am having such fun with the goodie bags, I have loads to show you in the next post, but for this one how about these darling promotional cards from Raffique. Aren't they charming?
I am beginning to realise that the way to spread the word about the 'do' is to do just that. Talking to everyone about it is opening up so many possibilities. Yesterday I visited Quex Park Craft Barn and spoke to three lovely unit holders. All had different ideas about how they might want to be involved, from displaying posters in their windows to having a stall, to sending fliers. I thought I might ask the Hotel in town where we went for a rare glass of wine if they wanted to put some vouchers in the goodie bags and found that the receptionist was a Brownie leader who offered to give fliers to all her pack.....it just grows and grows! I would be very grateful if you could join me in wittering on about it to all your nearest and dearest too!



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your dad!
    My Dad had facial hair like that and he shaved it off for charity and never grew it back, apparently my mum liked him better without it (but lets not think about that)!
    Get him a folksy shop, he'll sell far more than he does from the living room!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I went to school in Dorset - these men are barely hirsute at all! nice wood. what was it Jenny called it the other day? hmmm, if only I could rmember

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining in with a Makey 'do'

Analytics